- Tadao Ando created a planet within a solar system.
2. Luis Barragán preserved the landscape of Mexico City.
3. Constantin Brancusi experimented with “essential truth.”
4. Donald Judd remodeled Marta.
5. Adalberto Libera designed property for Curzio Malaparte.
6. Hans van der Laan was a Benedictine monk.
7. John Pawson designed Pawson House.
8. Bruce Nauman manipulated space.
9. Hans Wegner designed the Y-chair.
10. Waverly Abbey is both concrete and abstract.
11. Hadrian lived in Tivoli.
12a. Japanese tea bowls symbolize Wabi Sabi.
12b. Kyoto’s Katsura Palace symbolizes Wabi Sabi.
12c. Kyoto’s Ryoanji Temple symbolizes Wabi Sabi.
13. Cameroon chief houses are constructed like colonnades.
14. In this classic art book of 325 pages, only 2 women are named.
¹Inspired by Pawson J (1996) Minimum. Phaidon, London.
Bio: Clara B. Jones practices poetry in Silver Spring, MD (USA). As a woman of color, she writes about the Arts, Sciences, Technology, and the Environment and conducts research on experimental poetry, as well as, radical publishing. Clara is author of four chapbooks, and her poetry, reviews, essays, and interviews have appeared or are forthcoming in various venues.
One thought on “Tivoli Sonnet¹ by Clara B. Jones”
Reblogged this on reubenwoolley.